Thursday, February 17, 2011

Reviewing the Career Exploration

Throughout our career exploration, I learned about many things. I enjoyed learning about what jobs suit me most and I also found out how to properly format a resume.A found some aspects of this project appealing; being able to interview Mr. Figeuroa was a nice opportunity, even though I didn't interview him.  I liked how we were introduced to the Coin3 website, which is very informative. Additionally, I found out about other occupations and colleges as well as mine. This expanded my knowledge and I have planned my success in the future. I disliked some attributes of this project however. I think that all students should have been interviewed by one teacher, so that grading was not different. Aside from this, I think we should have been given a few more specifications because I was confused by some of the expectations and standards that were set forth.  I think by participating in the career unit, I was able to get a head start  and plan for the best.I learned a lot and was enlightened by this. I learned a little about interviewing, and I learned about the college application process. I learned how to fill out a common application form but I didn't find out how to apply to a college that doesn't accept that type of application. Besides these I have no complaints about the college and career unit. It was a valuable experience.