Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Turning of a New Leaf-Or Page

A new year is another step toward eternal perfection, a goal that can not be accomplished;  there is the need for improvement everywhere. On the other hand, several individuals, including myself, have New Years’ resolutions that are realistic. During the previous year, I read numerous books, ranging every from autobiographies to science fiction novels, but have not completed writing a single chapter in the novel I have been working on.  Now I wish to even out the differences between both reading and writing, so that both of these hobbies are equal. I often read a book in one long go, and I’ve spent countless hours on a captivating series, but when it comes to how far I’ve progressed in my own novel, there has been no significant difference since last January. I plan to reach my goal by writing a chapter in my novel for every one or two books I read, depending on the length of the book.When I come upon a series that I want to read at once, I will be compelled to write three chapters in my novel before starting. I also will make sure unwritten chapters don’t accumulate and  that each written chapter meets the strict standards I set down. When I have completed this balancing act, I hope the outcome may leave a ecstatic reader and a potential writer.