Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween

            It's that time of the year again! The vibrant fall foliage has become a spectacle  for the residents and candy companies are cherishing their annual sales boost. It is Halloween, and that has become the topic of conversation for many  days. The favorite event of many children is the 'Trick - or - Treating' that occurs during Halloween night, and several other people, including the school PTO, take advantage of this event by starting fundraisers, and selling ' BOO!s'. A Halloween dance has also been scheduled to let children enjoy  the occasion, but for a price. Admission is five dollars.
           
            One part of Halloween which I especially enjoy is dressing up in these ridiculous costumes and no one looks at you as if your crazy.  The first year I was here,  I didn't dress up and was labeled insane, and was left out. For numerous years I was representing what I thought of as, a scary witch. Then I progressed onto a devil/angel.  My brother didn't partake in Halloween festivities until he was one, when he came dressed as a ladybug. The next year he was a vampire. This year I am going to wear a kimono and become a Japanese witch/ghost. My brother is Spider man.  Another thing I enjoy about Halloween is the lack of pumpkin pie in our house. I despise   pumpkin pie, with its inviting cinnamon smell but disgusting flavor. Numerous people disagree with my opinion but I simply dislike  pumpkin pie.
         BOO! I am cognizant that I did not manage to scare you. but anyway happy haunting!   Speaking of haunting, does anyone look scary anymore?  Although it is rare, some costumes can be horrifying but by visiting the Halloween festival, no previous horror  can prepare you for what you will experience there.
Enjoy your Halloween!

         When I was in second grade, and used to live in North Brunswick, my mother and I received a real scare. My mother was pregnant with my brother then and she couldn't drive me to the bus stop. On that previous Halloween day, I was about to open the door when I saw a mammoth spider on the other side of the door. I am naturally afraid of hairy spiders, just as my mother is of any inhuman animal that can move.  My mother  had rushed over and assured me that it was a fake, but then it started climbing up the screen door.  My mother grabbed a sandal and smacked the screen door, making the spider rush through the air and land in a shrub 20 yards away. That was a queer prank, spiders don't usually joke around, but it was a nice way to wish us a happy Halloween.