Perseverance is the only solution when trying to accomplish any task. According to a Japanese Proverb, "Fall seven times, stand up eight. " This proverb epitomizes the value of resilience and endurance. It implies that there always accomplishment after each mistake. This is entirely the truth and despite repetitive errors, there is, at some point, success. For all, perseverance from a person is the single action that may endorse success and by enduring more than what is mandatory to fix a mistake, there is accomplishment. I have become aware of the need for resilience though personal experiences as well as societal experiences.
Motivation diminishes at every obstacle and completely dissipates in the presence of fear. I was on a field trip to an ice skating rink, where everyone besides me knew how to ice skate professionally. I was frightened of the ice rink. Having no experience with skating and having terrible experiences with ice, I approached the rink cautiously and slowly. Almost immediately after I stepped on the ice, I stumbled on to the floor. I would have refused to continue ice skating if I had not recalled an African Proverb I had been told before. "Don't look where you fall, but where you slipped." Throughout the remainder of my skating session, I constantly recalled this and gained motivation from this quote. Eventually, I caught my own flaws and was able to skate adequately without falling as often. Clearly, my resilience was resultant in additional motivation and self correction.
Devastation is not uninvited, it occurs only when humans do not have the capability to recognize the real disaster. Recently, the tsunami and earthquake that hit Japan caused a lot of collateral damage. Japan has always been a seismically active area, and natural disasters are quite common there. Despite this, the disaster has left Japan shocked and is still trembling. However, this is a calamity that can be avoided; Japan can no longer be petrified by the devastation. To avoid trauma and instability for decades to come, Japan must take a stand once more and remain standing after the next untoward event.
Other figures are along the same lines as this significant proverb. "Resilience is woven deeply into the fabric of [humankind]. Throw us an obstacle, and we grow stronger." (Brad Henry) This statement also emphasizes the importance of resilience. Furthermore, it addresses another aspect. After every obstacle is overcome and every challenge conquered, there is even more strength for another. Evidently, after falling several times, and standing up once more, I have the ability to asses where I slip and strengthen my resilience and capabilities.
