Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Reflective on Commercial

The persuasive writing unit that we have nearly completed has required creativity as well as the use of persuasive techniques. The commercial that was created with Hadia,Alisa, and myself on the cast was by far not the most appealing but it incorporated persuasive concepts. We used several props as well as dialogue to persuade consumers to purchase our product, the iSmart, which is a combination of the best smart phones' features. We used a counterargument which we successfully made positive and each member of our cast had a different personality throughout the commercial, which made it seem more professional. We should have shortened the script and made a more appealing commercial however, since the constant dialogue and ongoing conversation has to be examined closely to understand completely. Furthermore, since we use various props throughout our commercial, including a marionette, which looks somewhat similar to a Chow Chow, a breed of dog. At first this may seem perplexing, since the marionette is so appealing that it seems like we are selling the actual puppet, which is our announcer/mascot. We attempted to use a bandwagon technique in our commercial, but it really is not considered one, so that is a technique that I would have liked to expand.We did not have headlines that stood out, and this is really a commercial that is not best suited for visual or kinetic learners. Our slogan, iSmart! Unleash intelligence..., was hastily thought of and wasn't in our original script. I personally found the shooting for the commercial the best. I was nervously anticipating the moment we would start shooting, and I have to admit that it was a pleasurable experience.It was fun and there was a lot of laughter.I also liked this because it was a fun acting experience and it involved putting emotion into your lines. I do have several goals for the next time I receive a opportunity to do something similar to do this. I'd definitely want to have better acting in my commercial and to have a better scene as well as background music and images. I would want to be able to do some selective editing to the video. I realized that I'm good at memorizing lines and that I have the ability to put expression into my lines. Abi and Rebecca have assisted us in developing and acting out this commercial, the same with them. Although we haven't recorded our commercial yet.  They will enjoy watching Susie, the marionette say lines and will definitely buy the iSmart...

iSmart!
Unleash Intelligence...