Chile Mine Rescue Sample Presentation
There are several aspects we take for granted . Sure, friends,family, food, a roof and walls are extremely important, but would having a sturdy roof over really be the best if there is an eathquake and it collapses on top of you. That's why I am taking the liberty to describe what I think I am and we should be thankful for. I am expressing my feelings about natural disasters, and how my innermost grattitude is toward my location. I am a resident of New Jersey and I know very well ( a little too well) that the traffic on the highways is probably the only problems this state's denizens, as a whole, face. Their is financial crisis and other problems, but does it matter if you can pay off your loan when the bank has been drowning in a hurrricane. In Edison, no natural disaster has occured in an immense period of time. Yet less than 2,000 miles away, people have become devastated due to environmental calamities! Think about Haiti,with its population damaged, and its more than dented, I assure you. What about those 33 miners in Chile? Who will tell you when the mine is about to cave in? No one knows. Humans have conquered fire, mastered water, collected energy from air, yet we have not been able to control natural disasters. Tornados, tsunamis,hurricanes, and earthquakes are among these natural disasters. Sure we can track hurricanes and sense earthquakes, but no one absolutely no one, can tell you if its a tornado or a powerful gust of wind. Environmental disasters have changed ourtr country too. The fishing industry was about to meet its demise during the BP Oil Spill. I'm grateful that I don't live there!
Technology has evolved significantly over time. And natural disasters are breaking records all over the world. In the recent future, these two aspects will clash and the collision might alter the face of Earth. Only then will we see what immense power we haved neglected. Well, most of us will neglect it. Then, the world will seem like surreal dystopian literature. Open Your Eyes! This is real! The sun has burned out. There is no electricity. Nothing, the tidal waves carried them away before the drought and you are half buried in sedementary rocks. The vegetation has disappeared and you see what's left of the world. Nothing. This is true. It could happen tommorrow or maybe 50 years from now. No one has control over this. But I'm sure, that at least, for today, New Jersey is New Jersey. And its not nothingness. For even tommorrow, in that little nook or that hidden cranny, will hide that unharmed thankfulness.